When it comes to our modern world, our air, water, and much of our food supply contain toxins. And, even though the human body has its own filtering and regenerative systems, these systems can be overwhelmed by high levels of modern-world toxins, to the point that they cannot function as they should. This can leave you not only feeling lousy, but also at risk for illness, weight gain, disease, and other health problems associated with an accumulation of toxins.
However, by performing a detox – which can mean anything from doing a detox program, a colon cleanse, a liver cleanse, or improving your diet to include natural whole foods while avoiding tobacco, alcohol or drugs, you can improve many facets of your health, including your energy, weight management, immune health and outlook.
WHEN TO DETOX
While taking a proactive approach to detoxing is advised, there are some symptoms which indicate you need to perform one.
Here are the most common signs indicating toxic buildup in your body, although there may be other symptoms as well:
- Body odor—When toxins accumulate in your system to the point that your body’s natural filtration can’t remove them fast enough, it causes bad breath, smelly perspiration, and acidic-smelling urine and feces. This is when your body’s excretion systems—AKA, the urinary and bowel systems—have become so backed up that they are essentially clogged, and your body begins going through other means of ridding itself of toxins, which are essentially rotting in the body. This can mean removing toxins through excessive perspiration or saliva, which is why stinky breath and stinky pits mean it’s time to detox!
- Brain fog—The more neurotransmitters are studied, the more evidence there is of them originating in the gut before being sent to the brain. This “gut-brain connection” may explain the relation of brain fog, mental fatigue and depression with a need to detox. (5)
- Muscle aches and fatigue—In addition to general fatigue from poor health related to toxic buildup, the presence of mycotoxins from water-born molds has also been found to be a common reason for fatigue, muscle aches, and aching joints.
- Chemical sensitivities—In todays world, we are increasingly becoming exposed to chemical toxins which can build up to the point that they overpower the immune system and become allergens. This can essentially be thought of as the body saying “Enough!” and can cause many unpleasant and even dangerous symptoms, such as a rash, headache, asthma, sneezing and runny nose. (6)
- Constipation, bloating and gas—Toxic buildup in the body can lead to an imbalance of beneficial gut bacteria. This can cause gas, bloating and constipation, and can lead to much worse health problems, such as cancer or diabetes. (7)
- Weight gain – Toxins build up in the liver and fat cells, and this can cause your metabolism to slow down, leading to seemingly unexplained weight gain. Hypothyroidism can also lead to weight gain, so if you haven’t had your thyroid function checked, it would be helpful to do so. If you are on thyroid supplementation and have optimal thyroid function, then toxic overload could very well be the the underlying cause of your weight gain.
Heavy metal contamination can also lead to constipation and abdominal cramps, as well as many other dangerous health and mental problems.
The good news is, that whether you are suffering from an imbalance of probiotics, or if prolonged exposure to lead or other heavy metals has left your system contaminated, a cleanse can help.
- Category : Vitamins & Supplements
- Gender : Unisex
- A BOX OF 30 VEGETABLE CAPSULES
- HALAL AND KOSHER CERTIFIED
- KEBS AND FDA CERTIFIED.